This Multi-Year Research Plan (MYRP) has been developed for the NERP Marine Biodiversity Hub by Director Nic Bax in consultation with Hub partners and stakeholders. It broadly describes the scope of the Hub’s research work program over the period 2011 to 2014. It will be accompanied by several Annual Work Plans (AWPs), which will define details of the scheduled activities on an annual basis.
The purpose of the Multi-Year Research Plan is to:
- Provide contextual information and a breakdown of research activities in the Hub
- Describe the research that the Hub will be undertaking under the National Environmental Research Program (NERP) between 2011 and 2014
- Identify research priorities and links to Australian Government Environment Portfolio policies and programs
- Outline the relationship of the research to the Australian Government Environment Portfolio and other key end users, and
- Provide a framework for monitoring and evaluating the Hub activities, as part of the National Environmental Research Program.
The primary audience for the MYRP is the Minister for Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities, environment portfolio agencies, particularly the Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population and Communities (SEWPaC) and the Hub with its researchers. Other interested stakeholders include non-hub researchers, government and non-government organisations and the general public.
Related information: Marine Biodiversity Hub Annual Work Plan 2012
Download the Hub's Multi-Year Research Plan - see Item field below