September 3, 2014
Two NERP hubs are participating in this year’s National Threatened Species Day on Sunday 7 September at Darwin Waterfront – the Northern Australia Hub and Marine Biodiversity Hub. Videos, slide shows and brochures will focus on the management of listed and rare species including sawfish and river sharks, and the impact feral cats are having on native mammals. The event is being marketed as a Pop-up-Zoo with experts from a wide range of organisations providing an overview of their work. Related information:
- National Threatened Species days are also happening across NSW, Queensland, WA, SA, Victoria, and Tasmania.
- The Darwin Threatened Species day will run from 9am-2pm at Darwin Waterfront near Kitchener Drive.
- Northern and Marine hubs’ videos on sawfish and current research.
- Northern Australia Hub’s research projects.
- Marine Hub’s sawfish project pages – supporting management of listed and rare species.
- Zoo Aquarium Association
For more details about the Darwin event, contact:
Director Territory Wildlife Park
Parks and Wildlife Commission | Northern Territory Government
P: (08) 8988 7219 I M: 0408 818 468 I E: firstname.lastname@example.org I W: www.territorywildlifepark.com.au
Northern Australia Hub Knowledge Broker
Marine Biodiversity Hub Communications Support Officer