This Marine Biodiversity Hub Final Report documents research undertaken between 2011 and 2015 for the Australian Government's National Environmental Research Program.
The report focuses on approaches, key findings, new knowledge and opportunities, outputs and outcomes, in the following areas:
- Protecting conservation values in the Commonwealth marine area
- Supporting the recovery of threatened, endangered and protected species
- Management of Commonwealth marine reserves and the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area
- International extension
The overall objective for the NERP Marine Biodiversity Hub was to ‘provide scientific information and advice that will support (the Department of the Environment) in decision making in the marine environment, specifically to:
- implement and monitor marine bioregional plans;
- develop the National Representative System of Marine Protected Areas (NRSMPA);
- support the information needs of the Environmental Resources information Network (ERIN) and Approvals and Wildlife Division (AWD); and
- provide key baseline information for the Heritage Division’.
How can I obtain a copy?
There are three versions of the report available –
- printed hard copy - request a copy
- pdf version - download at Item link below
- click your way through the interactive version - play the videos, investigate by research area, explore by geographic region, or trawl our imagery and maps - http://nerpmarinebiodiversity2015.report/